Monday, September 21, 2009

What is going on?

Four days later I am back at my gynae and he assures me all is 100% My uterus is empty - its over now. I am still bleeding (tmi) but am told that it is normal. I need to come back and see my gynae at the start of my next cycle the beginning of August.

A few days later, 1 August.

I am at work when I start experiencing extreme pain. I am a sissy when it comes to pain but this feels like my insides are being ripped out while I am alive. WTF is happening? I take pain meds - nothing, pain persists. I phone my gynae but he is not availble but the receptionist says she will have him phone me. I go to the loo thinking maybe its tummy cramps and its just my bowels doing their thing. I start releasing strange sounds and one of my tenants says, "gee, Jo is that pain or pleasure I am hearing?" If only I tell her. I walk out of the cubicle and she offers to take me to the gynae's rooms. I willingly agree. I am still bleeding and this is since the start of my MC (27 June - 1 August).

I lie on the bed in his consulting room when he walks in. He is surprised to see me. He performs an internal and he says "you are bus aborting". Aborting what I ask? My endometrim he says. oh well, more pain meds. He asks to see me on Tuesday.

The pain meds do help and I feel relatively "normal". Tuesday I am back in his rooms. Bleeding still persisting. He does a scan. His response, "their is fluid behind your uterus. I need to find out what it is. We need to do a laporoscopy, hysteroscopy and a D & C." The Sister tells me she will phone me when the procedures are due to take place. Later the same day she tells me I am scheduled to be in theatre the next day, Wednesday, 6 August. Procedures to be done at 17:00.
Lovely!

Oddly, my gynae requests blood tests. Why odd? He requests a Beta HCG. Hmm, why I Beta HCG. I am not pregnant? What is happening to my body? If only I knew what was still to come.

2 comments:

  1. This is getting interesting!!!! Cant wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jo, man, you are going to have to start doing two installments a day!! The suspence is killing me :-)!! Absolutely LOVE reading your story.

    ReplyDelete