Friday, September 11, 2009

Pink sperm?

Yesterday my internet was down so no blogging for me.

So back to the story.

Thursday, 29 May and I can hardly wait I am so excited and so scared.

My friend agrees to meet me at the hospital and together we walk to the fertility clinic to collect my sperm. We share a quick hug in the passage as we realise this is it for me.

I enter the clinic but my sperm is not ready. We sit down and wait. Two other couples are also there. My friend is married with two kids and you should have seen the looks we got from the FS when he walked in. Must have thought we were the happy couple.

Anyway the next minute I am called and the Sister passes me a piece of paper ( the number of spermies per ml and they spead at which they are swimming, all vital info for the gynae) and a test tube with some pink liquid in it. The sperm. Gee, I did not know sperm came in different colours? Its pink and thin, almost see through. Sorry, TMI.

I am told to keep it warm and they suggest putting between my boobs (TMI).

My friend, who loves photos, suggests taking some pics. For my scrapbook one day. Hey, not a genie in a bottle but a man in the bottle.

We enter the lift which takes us to the fourth floor.

Its 8:30am. My gynae is waitin for me and asks my friend to wait for me in the reception room. I am taken to one of his rooms where I am told to underess and put on one of the gowns waiting for me. This is it.

He enters the room and I am told to spread my legs. So this is what it is like? And not even 5 secs and its over. Where was my fun bit? Was he so quick (LOL)?

He leaves the room after closing my legs for me. My friend comes in and she hugs me. I am told to wait 10 min. My gynae comes back and tells me I can get dressed. So soon, I ask. What if some of my stuff runs out? He assures me that there were millions and the ones that escape are of no significant use. Gee, I think, I paid for these little tadpoles I want my money's worth. No legs in the air for me. I am almost too scared to walk. It just feels like they could fall out or something.

I am told to come back tomorrow as the procedure will be repeated again.

I ask another friend to come and sit with me and the procedure is the same as before.

After my insemination, the gynae says I must come back in two weeks so that I can have a blood test to see if I am pregnant.

So all that is left for me, is happy waiting. May the best sperm win!

3 comments:

  1. Lol, i remember that when I had my IUI. It is SCARY!!!! Walking like a cowboy and keeping everything squeezd so it doesnt fall out! hehehehe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving your story Jo! I wasn't on internet much last week, so am catchign up on your story today.

    You are 1 brave lady and I am so glad you have your little angels with you know. So I know the outcome and that makes me happy to carry on reading in installments!

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks Bel, glad you are enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete