Friday, September 25, 2009

All systems go

11 September 2008

What a signifcant date. AF has arrived and is 100% back to normal so I am healthy as a horse. I meet with my gynae and is pleased to hear that AF is back to normal. He assures me we can start trying to get me to fall pregnant again.

Pregnant? So soon? I had decided to leave it till after Christmas when I would be less stressed out. But at the same time I am so anxious I can pop. This time around I decide not to tell a soul. Part of the problem for me with my first pregnancy was the fact that everyone knew I was trying. On the one hand it is exciting as you have friends to share your hopes and your fears with. On the other hand people want constant updates. This time around only three people know what I am doing.

AF arrives and for the second time in my life I am so excited to see her. This means that I can start trying again. Yay!!! I decide to keep my original donor. He was good enough the first time and I am confident that he wont disappoint me again. I ask the gynae if it is absolutely necessary that I have to take fertility drugs this time. He assures me yes if I want to fall pregnant.

Although I am excited, I am scared as I dont know what to expect. How long will it take this time? Can I handle the disappointment if I dont fall pregnant? I have no support this time around and am really in it on my own.

The day AF arrives (6 October) I phone my gynae and go to his rooms to fetch my medication. Clomid to be taken on days 3 - 7 and Gonal-F ampules to be administered on days 5, 7 & 9. I am told that I came come to the labour ward at the hospital where the Sister can assist me with administering my Gonal-F.

I am on cloud 9 again. Throughout the following two weeks I come in for regular scans to check on my follicles. On Saturday 18 October I am at my gynae's surgery bright and early. He tells me that I have 7 follicles. Oh my word!!!

I am to come back on Tuesday, 21 October for my first insemination.

On the day I go on my own. I know the drill. Being on my own is a little scary but it is better not to tell too many people. I ask the gynae is the quanity and quality of "my sperm" good and he assures me that it is excellent.

I go back the following day for my second insemination.

All that is left is happy waiting...

1 comment:

  1. I love reading your blog!!! 18 October - 7 follies and D's Birthday!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete