Wednesday, September 2, 2009

SECOND DAY AS A BLOGGER - TIME TO REVEAL MYSELF

Okay, so today is officially my second day as a blogger. I thought blogging was supposed to be fun. I was so frustrated learning the ropes of setting up my page and navigating my way around blogland. But thanks to a dear friend, she helped get me started.

How did my journey start?

Once upon a time there was a beautiful, very skinny, blonde 25-year old woman who married her Prince Charming. They bought a beautiful house with a picket fence in a middle class suburb and added a dog and a cat to their family. At 27 she had her first born, a gorgeous son. At 29 they had a beautiful little girl who was the splitting image of her mom.

By the age of 30 her family was complete and she and her family lived happily ever after...

THE END

That was the fairy tale I had always imagined. When I was growing up I also dreamt of meeting "Mr Right" but met lots of "Mr Wrongs" instead. So the image I had painted in my mind, disappeared rapidly and instead I found myself 32, still single and on my own. I am an only child and had recently lost my mom to terminal cancer, my dad, well our relationship was non -existent.

I had always dreamt of having a child(ren). As my biological clock ticked, getting louder with each passing year, so my yearning and desperation began. I needed a husband and fast. So I found myself in supermarkets, shopping centres and during the course of my work looking at men's hands for that band around his finger which branded him as a married man and hence belonging to someone else.

Blind dates, braaii's, parties was my hunting ground until one day, a friend suggested having a baby on my own!!!

This I had not considered. So began my journey to become a single mom.

2 comments:

  1. Woweeee!!! So glad you joined Blogland! I love the way you write! :-)

    Blind dates....eeeeeekkkkkk!!!!!

    Have a fab day girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Thank you so much for sharing your story with us. Looking forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete