Tuesday, September 15, 2009

And???

Monday, 16 June 2008 and I am off to the pathologists to repeat the blood test. And now the wait begins.

At this stage I have programmed my gynaes number into my phone so as soon as it rings, his name registers on my caller ID. This is it. Finally, the moment has arrived.

I answer the phone and he identifies himself. He says congratulations my girl, you are pregnant!!! Oh my word, I am speechless. I thank him and he tells me to make an appointment as he wants to see me in two days time.

I immediately start smsing everyone. Fortunately, all my friends knew about my attempt to become a single parent and were all elated with my good news.

How do pregnant women act? Was I supposed to do something differently? Did I look different?

The rest of the day went by in a blur and I was on cloud 9. Wow, first AI and I was pregnant.

Two days later I went to see my gynae and he confirmed a healthy sac. I was offically 4 weeks and 4 days pregnant and pregnant with one baby. I had very large ovaries (the size of oranges) due to the fact hat they were overstimulated with the fertility meds. But none the less, I was pregnant.

The feeling of floating on a cloud continues and I come to terms with my pregnancy but my joy was shortlived when the following week I started to experiencing cramping, something any pregnant woman fears.

2 comments:

  1. Jo you killing me!! I must tell you the tears aee pouring down my face when you write about finding out you are pregnant! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shew I was hoping for the next installment this morning ... haha! I am addicted ...

    ReplyDelete